Sports Law Blonde™ is starting to pop up everywhere. Here are links, clips, & other places you can read or listen to Jaime's unique, educated, & SO EXTRA perspective on various legal issues in the sports industry.
Sports Talk 1050 WTKA The Ticket's "Inside the Huddle with Michael Spath"
Sports Law Talk on Sports Talk Radio!
Jaime makes bi-weekly appearances during Michael's "Six on Six" segment to answer questions on sports law hot topic issues (& sometimes take off her lawyer hat and put on her fan hat to discuss sports more generally). Feel free to tune in on Wednesdays between 10am and 1pm, and if you ever miss it live on air or the livestream, links will be posted here to listen at your own convenience!
- 8/29/18: We Give Our Favorite Michigan-ND Game [PlayerFM / Apple Podcasts]
- 8/29/18: The Buyout of Future Games & the Legal Side of It [PlayerFM / Apple Podcasts]
- 8/15/18: The OSU & Maryland Issues [PlayerFM]
- 7/18/18: The Bounds of Colleges' Intellectual Property Rights [PlayerFM]
- 7/11/18: Are We Entering a World Where Coaches are Frequently Sued by Athletes? [PlayerFM]
- 6/20/18: Legalities Behind Our Favorite Sports Journalists Moving to Competitors [PlayerFM]
- 6/6/18: The Legalities of Transfers [PlayerFM]
- 5/15/18: The Situation with Sports Gambling [PlayerFM]
Other Appearances (Articles, Podcasts, etc.)
- 8/20/18: "Jaime Miettinen: Urban Meyer, DJ Durkin, NFL" on the Beav's Banter Podcast on Beav's World [Libsyn]
- 8/5/18: "THE Biggest College Football Story of 2018" about the Urban Meyer saga & what contract provisions are implicated on the College Athletics Corridor Podcast [Podbean]
- 7/8/18: "Episode 1: Jaime Miettinen" about publicly-funded stadiums on Derek Helling's The Bread & Circuses Podcast [Castbox]
- 5/31/16: "Sports Law Brief: Jaime Miettinen, Miettinen Law PLLC" on the MULS Sports Law Society Blog
- Atkins v. Bert Belle/Pete Rozelle NFL Player Retirement Plan: Former NFL Defensiveback Tackling a Mixed Bag of Medical Opinions Is Denied Increased Benefits, Sports Lawyers Journal, Volume 20 (2013).
- Various Beav's World events as a Beav's World Partner
- 3/15/18: Sports Panelist, the 8th Annual Windsor Sports & Entertainment Law Conference at Fourteen Restaurant & Sky Lounge